There are many organizations involved or interested in government activities at all levels. This page lists some sites that may be of use to the researcher.
Elections and Political Campaigns
- Archive of Campaign Promises Snippets of public statements on issues by California candidates, part of the California Voter Foundation
- California Ballot Propositions & Initiatives Database (University of California Hastings College of the Law Library) A database of California propositions since 1911.
- California Map Series (California Voter.org site for various political divisions)
- Political Graveyard (Variety of information on former representatives and senators)
- UCLA Library Online Campaign Literature Archive (featuring California campaigns, but also including national campaigns focusing on California interests)
- California Report (Daily and weekly radio program by KQED carried on public radio)
Legislative and Legal
- FindLaw California (Free database of case law in California since 1934.)