The booklists on this page were compiled by CSUSM University Library staff and can be used as a starting place to explore titles related to specific themes. Ebooks are indicated by an asterisk*.
CSUSM students, faculty and staff will need to sign in with their CSUSM account to borrow the books and ebooks listed. For help using any ebooks in the library's collections, please email email@example.com
Latinx Heritage Month
Sept 15-Oct 15 is Latinx Heritage month. We invite you to explore the titles and authors listed below.
- The House of the Spirits by Isabelle Allende
- Bless Me, Ultima* by Rudolfo Anaya
- Light In The Dark: Luz En Lo Oscuro by Gloria E. Anzaldúa
- Post-Conflict Central American Literature: Searching for Home and Longing to Belong* by Yvette Aparicio
- One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel García Márquez
- My Beloved World by Sonia Sotomayor
College & Finals Success
These ebooks will help you set yourself up for success!
- The Secrets of College Success*
- College Success Guaranteed: 5 Rules to Make It Happen*
- Motivation and Learning Strategies for College Success: A Focus on Self-Regulated Learning*
- Increasing Persistence: Research-based Strategies for College Student Success*
Asian Pacific Islander Desi American (APIDA)
May is APIDA Heritage month. We invite you to explore the titles and authors listed below.
- They Called Us Enemy*
- Minor Feelings: An Asian American Reckoning*
- The Making of Asian America: A History*
- The Myth of the Model Minority: Asian Americans Facing Racism*
June is Pride month. We invite you to explore the titles and authors listed below.
- Ambientes: New Queer Latino Writing*
- As Normal As Possible: Negotiating Sexuality and Gender in Mainland China and Hong Kong*
- The Brightsiders*
- Summer Bird Blue*
- Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe*
- Queer: A Graphic History by Meg-John Barker *
- Queer media images LGBT perspectives*
- Transgender History*
- Transgender Voice: Beyond Women and Men*
June 19th is Juneteenth. We invite you to learn more about this national holiday and offer the ebook, On Juneteenth*.
Instructions for downloading the ebook to a mobile device using the recommended "Libby" app are available here: https://help.overdrive.com/en-us/1307.html
We also invite you to explore books by the prominent Black authors listed below.