Snack food and drinks are allowed in the CSUSM University Library if those items are consumed responsibly and with consideration to other library users.
- All drinks must be in spill-resistant beverage containers.
- Personal-sized snacks, sandwiches, or wrapped items are OK.
- Food deliveries, food parties, and group meals are not allowed except in relation to official campus or library sponsored events.
- Food-free zones are designated to protect research materials and special-use spaces and are indicated by signage.
CSUSM University Library users must:
- Report spills immediately to a staff member.
- Dispose of trash and recycling in appropriate containers.
It is at the discretion of library staff to determine whether a user is causing excessive disruption or distraction to other library users with their food/drink.
The CSUSM University Library food and drink policy is subject to change as needed based on campus and regional health guidelines.